Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spring is here!

So I think Spring is finally here. Hopefully that means we'll all be able to get out and enjoy the great outdoors more now.
I was fortunate enough to get out turkey hunting over the weekend and it was just nice to be out walking around the mountains looking for animals. We had a great day and I had a chance at a good tom but my arrow found a tree limb instead of the bird! I took one of my boys with me and he was a little upset at me for such a poor shot. I had him doing some of the calling and he really thought that was cool. It was pretty neat to see him getting so excited as the turkey's responded to his calls. If it wasn't for his dad, we may have taken a good tom home! Oh well, the experience was fantastic.
I also had a chance to get out and do a little saltwater fishing in Florida a few weeks ago. It was a good time and I really enjoyed getting out and seeing some new scenery and experiencing some new fishing.  We had dolphins swimming right next to the boat and we saw a lot of different fish. I was humbled with the wind and the long casts that I had to make. It's a lot different than fishing for trout and I learned that the hard way! I lined a few reds and missed a few good shots. It was a good time though and I will be back to have another try before too long. I'm sure I'm going to be getting out now that the weather is good to scout for deer and do some fishing. Stay tuned and I just may have something here that will help you out or at least have a good story! 

No comments:

Post a Comment